Thursday, January 3, 2019

Gary Sinise Foundation: Snowball Express

The Gary Sinise Foundation brought me along for the ride the second week of December when they held their annual Snowball Express event, which takes children of fallen soldiers on a fun trip with their guardian. This year, their trip went to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. 

It was my first time covering the event and it was an emotional thing to cover. It was hard to see all these young kids running around and to realize that they'd suffered an immense trauma at such a young age. There was a room full of flags representing the parents these children and husbands/wives had lost. On the other end of the spectrum, the kids were making friends with people who understood their pains and they got to have fun in so many ways.

It was definitely a long trip for everyone involved. They were long days, and unfortunately we had a long first day of rain, but they days full of a lot of fun. I was really fortunate to work with a great video and photo team that kept the jokes rolling all day long, which gave us all that extra boost to push through the tired.

It was another experience that I've been fortunate enough to have had through this work I'm lucky enough to pay my bills with. Here's a wide selection of my favorite images from the trip:



Stay in touch! You can keep up with my work through these channels:



Website: https://www.justinlstewart.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment