Monday, June 2, 2014

Flying high: Look ma, no doors!

During Memorial Day weekend, I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to go up with the U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute team as they performed at an air show here in Columbia at the Columbia Regional Airport.  

I wasn't as happy as I could have been with the shoot, mainly as, despite my best efforts, I was beaten to the both the seats that were directly next to the door, having to settle for a seat one up from there and having to shoot over and around other media members. It was terribly frustrating and definitely cost me some great photos. As such, I've just been kind of sitting on my photos from that shoot. 

But, without further ado, here are some shots from that one time I got to go up in that plane without doors.





WWI era planes circle Columbia Regional Airport as the Golden Knights plane waits on clearance for take-off. 

Racing to put on their helmets during take-off.






Columbia Regional Airport from 5,000 ft. up.













A lovely, sideways video of landing, complements of my Instagram:
Peeking out at the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment