Friday, August 4, 2017

July: A Blur of a Month

July was a surprisingly busy month, thankfully. The first week was spent mostly in Kentucky, with only one shoot on the books for late in the month – a story I had pitched. Ironically, those are the only photos from this month not included in here (the story hasn't run yet). 

I got the news at the end of my trip to Kentucky that I had been accepted to the Eddie Adams Workshop XXX, something that was completely unexpected and floored me. Following that acceptance email, I had my busiest month since moving to Los Angeles - not my most financially successful, but still busy. It was also rewarding knowing that the work wasn't work that just came to me (save for a couple), but stuff I sought out and made happen. It was a month where things clicked, which doesn't happen as often as I'd like. 

With how chaotic things were this month, I didn't get around to doing as many blog posts as I'd like to have. It would have been nice to have blogged after most of these shoots. So, I did my best to squish them all in here without completely overloading the post, as I always do. It's still overloaded. So it goes. 

Thanks for giving my photos and words a look-see.

4TH OF JULY IN KENTUCKY
KIDS TOUGH MUDDER
MMA AT LOS ANGELES MEMORIAL COLISEUM
MAYWEATHER VS MCGREGOR
GOLF AT LOS ANGELES MEMORIAL COLISEUM
GOD AT WORK FOR THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
PORTRAIT WORK
SKYLENT DISCO FOR TIMEOUT LOS ANGELES


No comments:

Post a Comment