Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Baseball season arrives

The shoot just before I figured out how CS6 was changing my photos color profile. This was my first baseball shoot of the year, done last month. I really enjoyed shooting baseball last year, so I was looking forward to this game. It ended up being a bit of a struggle, shaking off all the dust from last year and dealing with equipment issues. I was also shooting with a bigger lens than I'm used to, as another photographer was using the 300mm for some state championship games. Using the 400mm was a bit of a squeeze, frame-wise. While it's a gorgeous lens, I prefer the room for error that the 300mm provides.

But blah, blah, blah. Here are some photos from that game, starting with my favorite shot:





The Tennessee Volunteers' batboy elicits some laughs from stadium security along the first base line as he stares them down after retrieving Nick Senzel's arm padding, having successfully made it on base. The Missouri Tigers lost their second game of the day against the Tennessee Volunteers as the Vols beat them 4 - 1 to end the day at Taylor Stadium in Columbia, MO Saturday, March 15, 2014.


That 400mm lens... just couldn't quite fit those feet in there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment