Tuesday, April 4, 2017

March: A Month on the Road and a Master's

This last month, I spent 19 days and 5,100+ miles on the road seeing family and friends on a trip to defend my Master's project at the University of Missouri. I'd hoped to make double up on the trip by photographing a project along the way and finding funding for the project. 

I didn't have enough time to fully research the project, though, and instead stumbled my way out of town the day after I cleaned out an old roommate's left behinds and welcomed a new roommate into the apartment. 

It was a lot of 4am departures and long days on the road, thankfully with my puppy as co-pilot. Los Angeles was a welcome sight by the end. While it was refreshing and heartening to see so many friends and family, it was exhausting always being on the move - drives lasting longer than actual stays. But it was what I needed to do, and I'm glad I did it.

I'd also like a week off the road, if I may.

Here's a couple of the digital pictures I took along the way.

(thanks for taking the time to read and look)

NEW MEXICO
AUSTIN, TEXAS
COLUMBIA, MO
Successful defense selfie

ST. LOUIS
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
DES MOINES, IOWA
 SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN
ALPINE, WYOMING

No comments:

Post a Comment