Sunday, November 16, 2014

BTS Chapter 2: Delving into Multimedia

One of the biggest reasons I returned to school was to improve my video skills. I've always had a love for producing video and at one time was double majoring in film and photography. Long story short, that didn't happen and I've been frustrated by my inability to create video work.

This first semester, I accidentally stumbled into a video producing class. While I'd done some minor dabbling in video on my own during my two years out of school, I hadn't actually assembled anything.

As the end of my first semester of graduate school nears, I've produced four pieces already, soon to be five. It's been a great time of growth for me in that area, as well as others. While I'm in no way amazing, I've learned a lot and continue to do so. I already see myself falling into a little habit that I need to cut out (I won't tell you for the hope of you not noticing), but other than that, I'm fairly happy with where I'm at.

Here's the work in chronological order:


 

 


I still have at least one more piece I'll be producing this semester, though it won't run until January of this next year. I've enjoyed diving into this new work and learning how to work in another medium. I look forward to improving on these early attempts.

Thanks for watching... and reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment